Cronulla Sharks NRL player Fa'amanu Brown found out the hard way that you shouldn't believe everything you see on the internet...
Fa'amanu Brown tried to charge his iPhone with a little tick he saw on Facebook.
Fa'amanu Brown told the Daily Mail Australia he was at his teammate Valentine Holmes' house and there was only one charger...
'Our phones were both about to die and because it was Val's charger he got to use it,' So after watching a Facebook video that looked "legit" he decided to give it a go.
"I only put it [the phone] in the microwave for one second and it caught fire, I couldn't believe it, I was devastated," Brown said.
"It stank of smoke but I thought that nothing would have happened seeing as it was in for such a short space of time," Brown said.
"Val lost it, he couldn't believe I actually did it, it's such a fob thing to do," said Brown.
The next morning Brown took the phone to his nearest Apple store and was pleased when they gave him a new phone.