Even motherhood couldn't get in the way of Serena Williams making bank this year, after the new mother was able to rake in twice as much earnings as any other female athlete.
The tennis player's income was obviously affected by her pregnancy in January 2017 as she spent most of last year off-court. Her sports winnings 'only' amounted to $62K, dropping by a huge $10 million from the previous year.
But Serena's earnings mainly come from her many endorsements, with $18.1 million in total, $5 million ahead of the next closest athlete.
Check out the top 10 list below:
- Serena Williams (tennis) — $18.1m
- Caroline Wozniacki (tennis) — $13m
- Sloane Stephens (tennis) — $11.2m
- Garbine Muguruza (tennis) — $11m
- Maria Sharapova (tennis) — $10.5m
- Venus Williams (tennis) — $10.2m
- P. V. Sindhu (badminton) — $8.5m
- Simona Halep (tennis) — $7.7m
- Danica Patrick (race car driving) — $7.5m
- Angelique Kerber (tennis) — $7m