Looking for a reason to get out of the country now the borders are open? Here ya go.
KFC Australia are launching a degustation restaurant in a secret location in Sydney from April 1st to April 3rd, offering KFC lovers a one of a kind experience with an 11 course menu.
WE'RE NOT KIDDING. Although it is a little suspicious that the restaurant opens on April Fools day, but we're pretty sure KFC wouldn't do us dirty like that.
So far, this is what we know about the menu.
• Supercharged Wings – Cooked over a bed of charcoal, these are not only supercharged but beautifully charred wings
• Potato and Gravy – Blink and you’ll miss it! This dish is a marvel to behold as the gravy candle (yes, that’s right!) melts, dip your potato bun into the “wax” and enjoy *chef kiss fingers
• Tongue Twister – Don’t be shy, there are no rules here! Pick up your plate and lick off the Colonel’s face to relish the flavours of Kentucky Fried Chicken, tomato, lettuce and Pepper Mayo
• Twister Sister – A fresh take on our Twister, this one comes with pearl barley risotto, sundried tomato, pumpkin and last but not least our Chicken Tenders
• Popcorn Chicken – It’s the Popcorn Chicken our fans know and love paired with celeriac soup, mushroom gnocchi and basil topped off with an edible floral garnish
• La Di Da Drumstick (aka Fried Gold) – Our iconic Original Recipe drumstick dusted with quinoa and gold ‘coz we don’t call it Fried Gold for nothing…
• Our Chocolate Mousse – Dipped in nitrogen, these mouthfuls of scrummy chocolate mousse are ‘oh-so-good’ and will literally melt in your mouth
We're lost for words.
You can register your interest in this special experience here where you'll be put in the draw to be considered for a table.
A spot at the table will cost you $75 AUD per person with 100% of the profits going towards the company's charity partners: The Black Dog Institute, ReachOut Australia and Whitelion.
The restaurant is a partnership with Nelly Robinson, head chef and owner of Sydney restaurant Nel. Watch the vid below about the incredible idea.