Rapper and music producer Sean 'Diddy' Combs has been named the world's highest-paid entertainer, with last years winner, Taylor Swift, dropping to 49th place on the Forbes annual list.
The 47-year-old Diddy earned an estimated US$130 million ($181 million) in the 12 months ended June 1, 2017, Forbes said. It attributed the big payout to his Bad Boy Family Reunion Tour, earnings from his Sean John clothing line, and his partnership with Ciroc vodka.
Beyoncé was the only other star to crack triple digits in second with US105 million ($146 million), and JK Rowling rounds out the top 3 with US$95 million ($132 million).
The top 10
1. Diddy, US$130 million (Musician, U.S.)
2. Beyoncé, US$105 million (Musician, U.S.)
3. J.K. Rowling, US$95 million (Author, U.K.)
4. Drake, US$94 million (Musician, U.S.)
5. Cristiano Ronaldo, US$93 million (Athlete, Portugal)
6. The Weeknd, US$92 million (Musician, Canada)
7. Howard Stern, US$90 million (Personality, U.S.)
8. Coldplay, US$88 million (Musicians, U.K.)
9. James Patterson, US$87 million (Author, U.S.)
10. LeBron James, US$86 million (Athlete, U.S.)
The Forbes list featured the top 100 highest paid celebrities from actors to musicians, comedians, television personalities and athletes.
The world's top 100 celebrities earned a cumulative US$5.1 billion ($7.1 billion) - about the same as last year, Forbes said.