Numerous members of a US Church have reportedly ended up in the emergency room after eating cookies at their local Sunday service.
A 74-year-old parishioner, identified as a Mr Jones, is allegedly to blame, as he was the chef behind the sinful creations.
Several members of the church ended up in hospital after feeling unexpectedly 'unwell' from eating Jones' cookies, where it was revealed that the cookies had a particularly sinful ingredient.
Mr Jones had used a healthy dose of cannabis in the cookies, perhaps in an attempt to allow fellow church goers the opportunity to get closer to God?
Church members reported to hospital with "adverse effects" and said the cookies tasted unusually salty.
The old bugger tried denying adding anything to the cookies, but law enforcement searched his home and ended up finding an "orange pill bottle containing capsules of a brown, oily substance, which later tested positive for marijuana".
Mr Jones then turned himself in and has since been charged with criminal recklessness and possession of hash oil.
"We are praying for everyone involved," said Father Daniel Mahan of the church. "We are praying for Mr Jones. We are keeping in prayer those who took ill that Sunday and we are praying for justice with mercy."
The Lord is good.