Ladi6 "nearly dies", rushed to hospital in a helicopter
Ladi6 had a scary Waitangi Day after getting stung from a bee and suffering a severe allergic reaction in Mathesons bay.
She was taken to the hospital in a helicopter thanks to the Snells beach ambulance service, Leigh Fire service & Westpac rescue helicopter.
She took to Facebook to detail how it all went down:
So crazy! I had a severe allergic reaction to a bee sting in Mathesons Bay yesterday at 7pm and nearly died, as my throat was closing and I was losing consciousness.
She continued, "I had to be flown to Auckland hospital by the Westpac Rescue Helicopter. I'm fine now tho, a combo of quick thinking from a combo of people who I love and love me, & complete strangers saved my life."
"Thank you to the Snells beach ambulance service, Leigh Fire service & Westpac rescue helicopter, but mostly my husband @parks1981 My neice and nephew @anahera.skipper, @lord_major_9th & my son @bane_of_all_soup for holding me down. Literally I was swollen with itchy hives all over my body, my face & throat were swelling shut within minutes of a single bee sting from a regular honeybee..feeling extremely grateful, contemplative & alive!"