An epic new mud and music experience is happening in Rotorua later this year, with the announcement of the southern hemisphere’s first ever Mudtopia Festival, to be held from 1-3 December.
What muddiness will be on offer:
- Mud Stage – Chilling on a rug during the day or up front in the ‘mud mosh pit’ at the Saturday night gig, the mud stage is the place to chillax and be entertained. 2.5 days of music and entertainment and R18 licensed concert on Saturday night featuring high profile international artist
- Mud Arena - An adventure land of muddy madness and mayhem. Strap on your togs or that horrible t-shirt from nana that you won’t mind getting a little dirty. Giant inflatable obstacle courses – think kids bouncy castles on steroids, covered with slippery mud. Giant pools of liquid mud with coordinated games to get you out of your comfort zone, muddy and having a blast with mates and strangers alike.
- WikiMud - Learn about Rotorua’s 150-year history with mud, featuring interactive displays telling the story of mud in Rotorua and an expo highlighting Rotorua’s tourism, spa and wellness, and adventure tourism businesses
- Mud Wellness - Realign your zen and awaken to the world of natural mud skincare products along with best practice health and wellness living. Start the Saturday or Sunday morning with a 1.5km walk or 3km run (on grass) followed by a group yoga jam to some relaxing beats, and subsequent coffee + donuts for those not wanting to ‘OD’ on wellness.
- Mud Indulge - Pamper yourself with a mud massage, mud facial and other beauty treatments at Mud Indulge
- Mud Games - Go on, channel your inner child and play in some mud – at your own pace and degree of muddiness! An open-format playground of games to enjoy. In the mud. From a casual mud wrestle to gum boot throwing to horizontal mud bungy and much much more – there’s something for everyone.
- Mud Run - An epic purpose built course rammed with mud obstacles to challenge and enjoy. Run, Walk or Crawl around a fun-filled course at your own pace with your mates or solo. Varying degrees of difficulty (and mud factor) to choose from.
- Piglet Pen (Kids) - Take the young ones to the Piglet Pen, a designated kids’ areas from little tots up to 10 years. It has a magnitude of mud entertainment including, mud games, bouncy castle, mud slides, mud face painting and mud craft areas. As well as farm animals including the kings and queens of mud indulgence – pigs!
Organisers want to reward Mudtopia’s biggest fans (and fans to be) with access to dirt cheap presale tickets and a chance to win an epic trip for four to Mudtopia, including domestic return travel, accommodation and tickets to Saturday night’s concert. Head to www.mudtopia.com to register for a limited allocation of discounted presale tickets and a VIP experience. Festival tickets go on sale early July.
Top 500 Fans + Registered Fans Presale + My Ticketek Pre-sale - Tues 18th July, 9am – Thursday 20th July, 8.59am
General Public tickets on sale - Thursday 20th July 9am